A flotilla with humanitarian aid and activists of which Greta Thunberg will leave this Sunday, August 31, Barcelona (Spain) to try to “break the illegal seat of Gaza”, according to its organizers.
The ships of this new flotilla in the direction of the Palestinian territory will seek to “reach Gaza, to provide humanitarian aid, announce the opening of a humanitarian corridor and then bring more help, and thus also finally break the illegal and inhuman block of Israel in Gaza,” he announced Saturday in an interview with AFPTV the Swedish Thunberg.
This mission, called “Global Sumud Flotilla”, is different from the previous one because “we now have many more ships, we are much more numerous, and this mobilization is historical,” said the 22 -year -old activist in Barcelona.
“A mission like this should not exist”
To the flotilla will be added “dozen” of additional ships that will leave Tunisia and other Mediterranean ports on September 4, while the organization provides manifestations and “simultaneous actions” in 44 countries, according to Greta Thunberg, a member of the Global Sumud Flotilla Flotilla Flotilla
“A mission like this should not have to exist,” said the Swedish activist. This should be “responsibility (…) of our governments and officials to act and strive to defend international law, prevent war crimes, prevent genocide”, but “they don’t and, in doing so, betray the Palestinians, but also all humanity,” he said.
The activists from several countries will participate in it, as well as European elected officials.
“No matter the risks we take at sea, this is nothing compared to what the Palestinians risk every day simply trying to express their willingness to live,” said Greta Thunberg.
The famine declared in Gaza
On October 7, 2023, the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas launched an unprecedented attack against Israel, which led to the death of 1,219 people on the Israeli side, mostly civilians, according to an AFP count of the official data.
Since then, Israeli military reprisals have made at least 63,025 dead in the Gaza Strip, mostly civilians, according to figures from the Ministry of Health of Gaza, considered reliable by the UN.
Israel’s accusations of the Palestinians multiply worldwide, particularly before the International Criminal Court and within the UN. The United Nations declared the state of the famine to Gaza in August.
Source: BFM TV
